Stormwater Management Bylaw and Rules and Regulations
A Public Hearing to review and adopt Stormwater Management Rules and Regulations for the Stormwater Management General Bylaw will take place at the July 27, 2021 Planning Board Virtual Meeting.
The Stormwater Management General Bylaw was adopted at the May 15, 2021 Town Meeting and is available here.
The Stormwater Management Rules and Regulations are available here and were adopted at the July 27th Planning Board Meeting.
Information on projects and initiatives and access to plans, studies, and other important documents are available by using the menu on the left sidebar
The Planning Department staff acts as a central point of contact for land use projects that may need review by more than one board and can advise project proponents on the applicable rules, procedures and scheduling. The Land Use Permitting Guide outlines the responsibilities of several town boards and departments.
From time to time the Planning Board and its staff are involved in providing a town response to major projects or land use changes which are not directly under the Town's control. Examples are liaison and advocacy in relation to Route 2 upgrades and changes at the Hanscom Air Force Base and Civil Air Terminal.
Land Use Permitting Guide and Helpful Documents Regarding Site Plan Review
- Land Use Permitting Guide - February 2016.
- Lighting Guidelines - September 2014
- Site Plan Review Checklist
- Staff Review of Changes to Approved Site Plans and Preliminary Meeting.
- Interpretation of Section 6.0.2 of the Zoning Bylaw when PB approval not required.
All forms are in Microsoft Word formatting to allow for easier editing.
- Application Cover Form
- Definitive Subdivision Application
- Eligible Facilities Request Submittal Requirements
- Eligible Facilities Request Certification
- Fence Permit Application
- Form A, Endorsement of “Approval Not Required” Plans Application
- Legal Notice Authorization
- Non-Residential or Multi-Family Site Plan Application
- Zoning Worksheet
- Residential Site Plan Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Special Permit Cluster Subdivision Application
Zoning, General Bylaws and Subdivision Rules and Regulations
Copies of both are available by clicking here or in hard copy at the Town Clerk's office.
Water Ban and Water Restriction Policy
The normal water restriction policy, as dictated by the DEP Water Management Act permit, goes in effect from May 1st to September 30th each year. The normal restrictions limits outdoor watering to twice per week and only allows for the installation of new lawns in May and September (i.e. no new lawns June, July and August).
Director of Planning and Land Use
Assistant Director of Planning and Land Use
16 Lincoln Road
Lincoln, MA 01773
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.