Lincoln Station Studies
South Lincoln Planning Implementation Committee (SLPIC)
The South Lincoln Planning Implementation Committee (SLPIC) is a Planning Board subcommittee and focuses on project specific planning projects in and around South Lincoln/Lincoln Station. SLPIC will implement and manage projects in and around Lincoln Station and South Lincoln and report to the planning board with updates.
The Town of Lincoln's Comprehensive Long Range Plan was accepted at the 2009 Town Meeting. A key issue identified in the plan was the economic sustainability of Lincoln's small commercial area, Lincoln Station. In 2010 a Planning Board subcommittee was formed to study and make recommendations for Lincoln Station. The study was completed in 2014 and documents the advantages & challenges for Lincoln Station, supported by background information including demographics, infrastructure, & site constraints.
In 2016 a Place Making study was conducted by the Conway School looking at ways to make Lincoln Station a more vibrant center with improved pedestrian connectivity to the surrounding area.
Throughout the years, Lincoln has conducted numerous studies of Lincoln Station and South Lincoln many of which can be found by clicking here.
- Report back to the Planning Board on a regular basis with project updates;
- Establish Goals and initiatives;
- With Planning and Land Use staff explore grants and other resources for projects for jobs, housing, transportation, and the quality of life for community members;
- With Planning and Land Use staff explore grants for infrastructure funding such as road, parking, parking garages, train stations, sidewalks, street scape, parks, playgrounds, recreation facilities, brownfields, water, and waste water;
- Collaborate with boards, committees and departments;
- Conduct studies and analysis as needed: Feasibility Study, Traffic Studies etc.;
- Create a more vibrant attractive place for residents and visitors to visit spend time and spend money;
- Create connections from and to Lincoln Station which is considered the hub of Lincoln with the MBTA Station, adjacent trails, conservation land, farms, Codman Community Farms, Mass Audubon, deCordova Museum, Walden Pond, elementary and middle schools and housing developments such as Lincoln Woods and Ryan Estates; and
- Explore housing opportunities to maintain the Town’s subsidized housing inventory of 10% affordability.
Specific Potential Tasks
- Redevelopment of DPW
- MBTA improvements
- Wayfinding & Placemaking
- Parking & Infrastructure
- Beautification & Signage (plantings, trees)
- Business improvement district and/or Store Improvement Program
Agenda and Minutes
Click here to view Agendas and Minutes
SLPIC is a subcommittee of the Planning Board and will focus on project specific planning projects. SLPIC consists of up to 10 members and 1 ex-officio non-voting member from the Planning and Land Use Department. Members will be appointed by the Planning Board and serve a 1-year term. Click here to read the charge.
| Up to 2 Planning Board Members
|| Lynn Delisi
| 1-Board of Selectmen Member
| 1-Housing Commission or Housing Trust Member
|| Allen Vander Meulen
|1-Lincoln Woods Member
| 1-RLF Board or Staff Member
|| Ken Bassett – Board member
| 2 South Lincoln Business owners (other than RLF)
|| James White
| Up to 3 at Large Members with experience in retail, realtor, developer, business development etc.
| 1 ex-officio non-voting member from the Planning and Land Use Department
(doesn't count toward quorum)
| Jennifer Burney, Director of Planning and Land Use
Christina Van Vleck
Allen Vander Meulen
Place Making Team
Village Planning and Zoning Team
Village Planning and Zoning Design Team
To view material please click here