Welcome to our Community Education Page!
The Chief of Police, Lieutenant and Detective often speak with various community groups, parent organizations and students to discuss safety (personal, internet, home) as well as legal consequences and police procedures.
To help better educate our kids, teens and parents please consider the following safety tips.
- Never post your personal information online, such as cell phone number, home number, address and your location.
- Never meet with someone you first "met" on the internet. If someone asks to meet you tell your parents right away. Someone may not be who they say they are.
- If anything makes you feel uncomfortable online, while gaming or talking on your cell phone, talk with your parents or guardian right away.
- Never share your password with anyone, including your best friend. The only person who should know your password are your parents or guardian.
- If you wouldn't say something to another persons face, don't text or post it online.
- When out at night, try to have a friend walk with you.
- Do not display cash or any other inviting targets such as pagers, cell phones, handheld electronics or expensive jewelry or clothing.
- If you think someone is following you, switch directions or cross the street. If the person continues to follow you, move quickly toward an open store or restaurant or a lighted house. Don’t be afraid to yell for help.
- If someone tries to rob you, give up your property—don’t give up your life.
- If you are robbed or assaulted, report the crime to the police. Try to describe the attacker accurately. Your actions can help prevent someone else from becoming a victim.
Home Safety Tips
- Never leave valuables in plain sight.
- Keep your home well-lighted and always lock your windows and doors.
- Be sure your kids know important phone numbers and tell them to never answer the door or phone if you are not home
- Trust your instincts, if it seems suspicious report it to the police.
If you would like to speak with the Chief, Lieutenant or Detective please call 781-259-8113.