Lincoln Energy Challenge
Lincoln Energy Challenge 2016
Lincoln’s Green Energy Committee is pleased to announce a new residential energy initiative, the Lincoln Energy Challenge. Our purpose is to help those who want to reduce their use of fossil fuels and save money on energy consumption. We are committed to helping reduce Lincoln's overall residential energy use 10% by 2020.
Thanks to government incentives and technology advances, many new energy-saving options have become available in the last few years. Discounts on energy saving devices like LED lightbulbs and green power strips are available through Mass Save's online store at: http://www.energyfederation.org/masssave. No-cost home energy assessments can help you identify even greater energy savings. We are partnering with Co-op Power to make it easy for Lincoln residents to schedule an assessment online LincolnEnergyChallenge.ORG, or by calling 617 752-1259.
Volunteers from the Green Energy Committee have researched these options in their own homes and are now ready to share this knowledge with other residents who want to:
- reduce energy consumption, beginning with a home energy assessment;
- buy ‘greener’ electricity, such as solar, wind and hydro power; and
- make a decision about rooftop solar panels.
We welcome volunteers who want to support this effort and help:
- Reach out to friends and neighbors
- Publicize events
- Organize educational sessions
- Share your stories and help write informational material