MassDOT Complete Streets
Complete Streets Prioritization Plan
The Town of Lincoln, through the Complete Streets Working Group developed a new five-year Complete Streets Prioritization Plan. Complete Streets is a state funded grant program to help municipalities improve their streets to accommodate users of all ages and abilities, whether driving, cycling, or walking. Each municipality is allowed up to $400,000 through a four year rolling period. You can view the new plan and proposed projects below. The Updated Prioritization Plan and Project List was approved on February 16, 2023.
Town of Lincoln Complete Streets Prioritization Plan 2023
Complete Streets Project Worksheet
The Working Group used an online platform Wikimapping to garner feedback on where in Town residents would like to see improvements for walking, cycling, driving, and public transit.
Residents shared their thoughts about transportation issues and opportunities: https://wikimapping.com/lincoln_completestreets.html. The portal was active for over four weeks.
Residents could also participate by completing a short google form: https://forms.gle/Ww3fr6YqvftgsWBu9
A Public Forum was conducted on October 27th at 7:00pm via zoom.
- You can access the slide deck used at the public forum here: https://www.lincolntown.org/DocumentCenter/View/78578/Complete-Streets-Prioritization-Plan-FY23-10252022-Final
- You can access the draft of the updated 2022 Complete Streets Prioritization Plan here: https://www.lincolntown.org/DocumentCenter/View/78579/COMPLETE-STREETS-PRIORITIZATION-PLAN-DRAFT-10182022
- An overview of Complete Streets can be found here: https://smartgrowthamerica.org/what-are-complete-streets/
- MassDOT Complete Streets Funding Program Guidance can be found here: https://gis.massdot.state.ma.us/CompleteStreets/Content/Docs/Complete%20Streets%20Funding%20Program%20Guidance%20and%20Appendix.pdf
- Lincoln’s Complete Streets Policy adopted in 2017 can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0h4k0mf1j1voqhi/Approved%20Complete%20Streets%20Policy%20-%20Lincoln.pdf?dl=0
CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF FY18 PROJECTS APPROVED
To view details on individual approved projects see menu on the left.
Complete Streets Program History:
- The Town of Lincoln awarded $50,000 for Technical Assistance
- Public Forum October 19, 2016
- SOTT meeting November 12, 2016 included discussion on Complete Streets and Transportation concerns, issues and recommendations. Comments included in the prioritization recommendations.
- 2nd Public Forum December 7, 2016 Presentation and Discussion of the summary of ideas and recommended project list as a result of the October public forum, online survey and SOTT comments. To view the video of the meeting click here
- Winter 2017 Presentation of Complete Streets program and Prioritization Project List to the Board of Selectmen.
- The Complete Street Policy was approved by the State on January 31, 2017. Lincoln received a score of 93 out of 100.
- Initial Five year Prioritization Plan approved in 2017.
To view material and documents click here.