Staff Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Welcome to the Staff Diversity and Inclusion Committee webpage
The Town of Lincoln values the contributions made by all its employees and believes that workforce diversity strengthens performance, integrity, trust, partnerships, and the protection of all to better serve our staff, boards, committees, community, and guests.
To achieve workplace diversity and inclusion:
- · The Town acknowledges the barriers of discrimination and seeks to create an environment that fosters trust, tolerance, equity and respect for all employees. We can accomplish this by giving the benefit of the doubt and providing kind and honest criticism, including feedback that interrupts unconscious biases that devalue others.
- · The Town welcomes employees of all backgrounds which include but are not limited to; race, ancestry, place of origin, color, disability, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, same sex partnership, age, marital status, family status, immigrant status, veteran’s status, receipt of public assistance, political affiliation, religious affiliation, level of literacy, language, neurodiversity, and/or socio-economic status.
- · The Town will focus on four strategic imperatives using the CARE acronym: Create, Articulate, Regulate and Evaluate
- Create an inclusive environment by engaging diverse talent and influencing recruitment, development, advancement, and retention.
- Articulate our Diversity & Inclusion values through proactive communications.
- Regulate and manage workplace equity and inclusivity by reviewing and improving our policies and practices.
- Evaluate our progress by continually assessing our organizational culture.
The committee was founded to provide recommendations to help ensure that the working environment throughout Town government is respectful, fair, and inclusive of all people and perspectives. Here you will find our charge, mission statement, links to resources and other related documentation.
The Committee consists of the following individuals:
|Abigail Butt||Director of Council on Aging & Human Services|
|Colleen Wilkins||Finance Director/Town Accountant|
|Dan Pereira||Assistant Town Administrator|
|Ian Spencer||Detective Lincoln PD|
|Jennifer Curtin||Assistant Director of Planning & Land Use|
|Michael Dolan||IT Director|
|Joe Lenox||Lincoln Fire Department|
|Peggy Elder||Administrative Assistant to the Select Board & Town Administrator|
|Robin Rappaport||Circulation Assistant/Reference Librarian|
|Stacy Carter||Conservation Planner|
|Timothy Higgins||Town Administrator|
|Valerie Fox||Town Clerk|
|Mark Robidoux||Building Commissioner/ Zoning Enforcement Officer|
|Susan Donaldson||Public Works, Office Manager|
|Victoria Benalfew||Administrative Assistant for the Building Department|
This is not a closed committee. If you have any interest in participating, or if you have questions or concerns, please reach out to any of the individuals listed. We want to hear from you.