The Town of Lincoln values the contributions made by all its employees and believes that workforce diversity strengthens performance, integrity, trust, partnerships, and the protection of all to better serve our staff, boards, committees, community, and guests.
To achieve workplace diversity and inclusion:
- · The Town acknowledges the barriers of discrimination and seeks to create an environment that fosters trust, tolerance, equity and respect for all employees. We can accomplish this by giving the benefit of the doubt and providing kind and honest criticism, including feedback that interrupts unconscious biases that devalue others.
- · The Town welcomes employees of all backgrounds which include but are not limited to; race, ancestry, place of origin, color, disability, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, same sex partnership, age, marital status, family status, immigrant status, veteran’s status, receipt of public assistance, political affiliation, religious affiliation, level of literacy, language, neurodiversity, and/or socio-economic status.
- · The Town will focus on four strategic imperatives using the CARE acronym: Create, Articulate, Regulate and Evaluate
- Create an inclusive environment by engaging diverse talent and influencing recruitment, development, advancement, and retention.
- Articulate our Diversity & Inclusion values through proactive communications.
- Regulate and manage workplace equity and inclusivity by reviewing and improving our policies and practices.
- Evaluate our progress by continually assessing our organizational culture.