Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)
Do you have interest in helping with the Town of Lincoln COVID-19 Vaccination effort?
The Town of Lincoln Public Health Task Force is seeking volunteers to join the Lincoln Medical Reserve Corps. We are seeking volunteers with medical, logistics, communication and computer skills, but all can help in multiple ways. Volunteering with the Medical Reserve Corps is a simple and effective way to support the needs of Lincoln, while also helping your family, friends, and neighbors stay safe and healthy.
The Town of Lincoln Public Health Task Force are in the early stages of drafting the plan for a Covid-19 vaccination clinic for our residents and town employees. The plan is not yet final; however we are interested in gathering early information on how many town residents have an interest in volunteering their time to assist in the Covid19 vaccination effort. The clinics will occur between March and May and will be held at a location in Lincoln. The roles we need assistance with include the following:
- Parking Lot Coordinator (Non-clinical) - Mostly outdoors, confirming appointment times and verbally guiding residents to appropriate locations
- Vaccine Check-in Administrator (Non-clinical) – Indoor position. Greet people, validate scheduled appointment and participant ID, arrive to appointment and direct to vaccination area.
- Vaccinators (Clinical) – Indoor position. Must be RN, MD or certified to administer vaccinations. Vaccinate personnel and direct to waiting and Check-out area.
- EMS Clinical Surveillance (Clinical) – Emergency Medical Staff to be present to provide assistance should an individual have an adverse reaction to the vaccine.
- Vaccine Check-Out Administrator (Non-clinical) – Indoor position. Guide participant to waiting area, validate appointment for 2nd vaccine is scheduled at date confirmed, provide Vaccine card and make sure participants wait approximately 15 minutes before departure.
If anyone is interested, please reach out to lincolnMRC@lincolntown.org . Fire Chief Brian J. Young will be hosting public zoom meetings on Tuesday January 12th at 7:00 PM and Tuesday January 19th at 7:00 PM to discuss the Medical Reserve Corps and to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your consideration in volunteering.
Brian J. Young
Lincoln Fire Department