Proactive Fire FightingAs reflected in our mission statement, one of our most important duties is to prevent fires from starting and inflicting harm to life and property. This proactive method to fighting fires is accomplished through a variety of tasks. Among these are building inspections, fire drills, permit issuance, and plan review.
Inspections & PermitsThe department conducts smoke detector and carbon monoxide inspections for newly constructed properties and resales (by appointment) during administrative hours. Inspections of newly installed or altered oil-burning and storage equipment are conducted also by appointment.
As a condition of issuance, permits will be granted to only those applicants whose properties display proper street numbering, in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 148, Section 59.
The outside burning season in Massachusetts is January 15 through May 1. Permits for burning must be on file with the Lincoln Fire Department prior to any outside burning.
- New fire sprinkler requirements - Effective January 2010 for new construction and renovations
Service & Permit Fee ScheduleFor information about service and permit fees, please visit our permits page.
Plan ReviewBefore Submitting Plans for review please note the following are needed at drop off time:
- Two(2) sets of plans marked with fire protection, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check payable to the Town of Lincoln, residential $50.00, commercial buildings $100.00.
- Call the station to schedule an appointment with Fire Prevention Officer Tim Neufell.
- If Tim is unreachable please leave full contact info with on duty firefighter.